They were so right. My alterations:
- Our butternut was probably only about 3 lbs, so
- I only roasted one bulb of garlic. And we didn't have any foil so I just put it in an oiled casserole dish with a lid-- it worked great.
- I baked the butternut (in the oven with the garlic) instead of peeling and boiling it, then just scooped it out of the skin to blend with the other ingredients.
- I used homemade chicken stock instead of canned, naturally.
- Instead of fresh thyme I used 2 tsp dried, and
- added a tsp or two of cayenne for kick.
P.S. I swear all of the post titles won't have "nutty" in them. But I couldn't resist this one...