Monday, April 13, 2009

Citrus Honey Poppyseed Dressing

I concocted this with a little help from a recipe I had saved from I-know-not-where.

4 T olive oil
2 T honey
1.5 T cider vinegar
1 t salt
.5 t orange extract (or a dash of orange juice)
2 t lemon juice
1 shy t poppy seeds

Measure the wet ingredients in the order listed so the oil residue helps the honey come out of your tablespoon measure. Shake to combine and store in a small jar with a tight lid. If you feel the need to refrigerate it (I don't), let it sit at room temperature before using to allow the oil to un-congeal.

This only makes about a quarter of a cup so you may want to double or triple it!

Excellent on something I decided to call Aphid Salad (the poppyseeds look like aphids, don't they?):

(Butter lettuce, celery, formerly-frozen edamame, thinly sliced onion, grated carrot and dressing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment